The Ingham County Genealogical Society, located in mid-Michigan, began in 1995. Our Society is comprised of members who wish to:
- Preserve and make available for genealogical research the records of our members.
- Encourage and assist in the study of family history, to promote the exchange of knowledge and to encourage the deposit of genealogical records.
- Cooperate with other genealogical groups and societies and to assist the area libraries in expanding and publicizing their genealogical holdings.
- Publish materials of interest and use to genealogists.
Operating Year: January - December 2019
Our membership meetings are held the second Thursday of the month with the exceptions of January, June and July.
Meetings are from 7:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m. and held at the Sam Corey Senior Center, 2108 Cedar Street in Holt, Michigan 48842. Parking is free.
The public is always welcome to attend our educational genealogy presentations during the monthly meetings. New members are welcome year-round. Check our calendar (add link when calendar page is built) listing for information on upcoming programs and guest speakers.
2019 Meeting Dates:
Join us on:
- April 11th when our guest, Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum, presents a program on "Genalogical Services Available in the County Clerk's Office"
- May 9th when ICGS Director, Jane Wallin, presents "The Life of John D. Voelker, Lawyer, MI, Supreme Court Justice, Prosecutor, and Author"
See you again in August!